There are many reasons why you might wait until the last minute to shop for your prom dress. You might not be sure if you have a date or who it will be. Sometimes you are on a diet and waiting to lose as much weight as possible before shopping for the dress. But the time has come and you can't wait much longer. You don't have to settle for less because you're shopping later in the season than some of your peers. Learn how to find last minute prom dresses for that you will absolutely love.
1. Take your measurements accurately. You might want to ask someone to help you with this. Last minute shopping means little or no time left for tailoring your prom dress. Measure around the widest part of your bust, hips and waist. Write down the measurements and take them twice to be sure.
2. Consider an empire waist. If you have a constantly changing waistline, play it safe with a forgiving empire waist. The look is always flattering and you will have a bit of room if you gain a couple of pounds.
3. Try a shorter prom gown. Sometimes a long prom gown can be unpredictable and require hemming. One of the hottest looks for 2013 are short and fluffy prom dresses. A short dress will require little or no tailoring when it comes to length.
4. Shop online. Many of the dress shops are wiped out and you might not be pleased with the inventory they have left. Shop online for a wider selection. Take advantage of phone numbers and online chat services to talk to a prom dress representative and get help.
5. Remember to shop for accessories. If you get a strapless prom dress, remember to get a bra to go underneath. You might also need other accessories including jewelry and shoes. Get matching accessories now so you don't have to worry about that detail a day or two before the prom.